Episode Description: Life can be really hard sometimes. It can be filled with hardship, pain and even death. For so many of us, we use things like binge eating, online shopping or pornography as a way to coup with our feelings. In this episode, we talk through dealing with grief, high stress situations and how we medicate ourselves for the good or for the bad. Discipline is so important for us in walking through these hard times.
It's so important for you know that it's OK to grieve. You need to grieve how you need grieve.
We can often feel like consistently inconsistent people.
Grief is the loss of something or someone.
Examples of Discipline:
- If you've lost something, it's OK to be downcast. Grieve the way you need to grieve.
- Share that grief with someone else. Ask someone to pray for you when you can't.
- Trust that the Lord will bring you through it
1 Peter 5:10 - “And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.” (ESV)
- Determine why/how you're medicating yourself
- Chose one thing that'll bring structure to your life
- Fasting, Bedtime/Wake Time, Cleaning out the fridge
Show Notes: https://bit.ly/2xYSSiE 🎧 Listen and Subscribe to the Anxious Pastor Podcast Show HERE: Apple: https://apple.co/3a7CpWH Spotify: https://spoti.fi/39hcuvP Sign Up for our Email List: mailchi.mp/2a5e6023b107/tapsubscribe 📲 Connect with us on Social Media http://www.theanxiouspastor.com http://www.facebook.com/theanxiouspastor http://www.instagram.com/anxiouspastor http://www.twitter.com/anxiouspastor 👨🏻💻Join the Facebook Community Group: http://bit.ly/2HXR6zA 💵 Support the Podcast: http://bit.ly/2I7mGL3